If you have a smartphone or tablet with you, then you do not need a map or a conductor. They are replaced by the Google map application, which is installed free of charge through the Play market or Google play.
1. Determination of your location. Press only one button and you will know where you are and get a map of the surrounding area.
2. Providing information on all attractions, hotels and restaurants near you.
3. Laying of routes from the point of your location to the place of your choice on foot, by car, or by public transport. Simply select the appropriate route and the device will tell you where to turn and where you are now.
4. Pre-record the places you have searched or visited. For example, before you travel, save the location of your hotel, embassy, theaters, restaurants that you want to visit and then simply select from the list.
5. Display traffic. Who wants to stand in traffic jams? Define the route in advance, taking into account the traffic on the streets. The colors indicate the busy streets. Red is a traffic jam, yellow is an average load, green is a street free. Signs show blocked streets.
There are many more useful functions in the Google map application, such as sending your coordinates to friends via email or SMS, setting an exact meeting place through the Calendar application, which allow you to feel “at home” in an unfamiliar city.
Often the question is asked — how will the Google map application work if there is no Internet in some place? And this is also not a problem — in this application there is an Off-line mode, i.e. You can pre-record the fragments of maps you need in the memory of the device.
In the Android system, this application is installed by default. You can install this application on your iPhone by scanning this QR code: